First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 eco boost / 2004 ford lightnin
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Good afternoon. I have a few questions for all of you forscan gurus. I have noticed so many posts on 2020 and under for forscan, and I did notice spreadsheet for a few things on the 2021 f-150. Their are so many more posts reguarding the 2020 and below. If anyone can help me I would greaty appreciate it. I now have forscan and a windows laptop to do everything that needs to be done. But the spreadsheet offers some of the things, i recently shut off the double honk when truck running, thats was a simple toggle to disable it in forscan. But what about using navigation while moving? and not having a passenger in the truck? I noticed alot of posts include global windows, but it only does the front, is their a fix for that? Am i not seeing the spread sheet, because now we dont need the as builts and we can just enable and disable them in the other area of forscan? Thanks for any help. I appreaicte all of your time.
I currently own a 2021 f-150 lariat 3.5

Stephen
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's constantly updated.
It's edited as recently as yesterday.

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
It's constantly updated.
Oh nice… ok I didn’t see anything about the navigation question, would it be in the as built? And or somewhere else

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
It's constantly updated.
i download and save it to my forscan computer each time so i have a copy to review while programming if i get stuck or cant read my notes :oops:
its a wonderful tool .

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Oh nice… ok I didn’t see anything about the navigation question, would it be in the as built? And or somewhere else
Forscan isn’t capable of allowing/forcing the ford software and modules to do anything it isn’t already programmed to do. You’re essentially just “flipping programming switches”.

With that said, I think you can allow the nav to be used while moving, BUT it requires you to tell your APIM it’s a European version or something like that and then it changes the speed limit sign sprites among other things.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Dear OP, have you watched the video about the basics of using FORScan? You talk about as-built. Did you back up your as-built modules before making any changes? I hope you did. Otherwise you've put yourself on thin ice. It sounds like you're using the easy way vs advanced. The basic video suggests using the advanced. It's the language almost all FORScan users speak in. The easy way can work, but you'd do yourself a favor by using advanced.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Forscan isn’t capable of allowing/forcing the ford software and modules to do anything it isn’t already programmed to do. You’re essentially just “flipping programming switches”.

With that said, I think you can allow the nav to be used while moving, BUT it requires you to tell your APIM it’s a European version or something like that and then it changes the speed limit sign sprites among other things.
it will also remove the 911 notifications if your in a wreck as well, for me having 911 assist is a premo thing to have. i drive by myself a good deal. so having one more thing to call for help is imo a worthwhile thing for my back country driving
i find speaking to sync for gps changes underway have worked really well so far (y)
however i also found by ignoring recommended nav gps changes based on road or wreck conditions can result in "HAL" giving me ultimatum messages

Ford F-150 2021 Forscan help fl trip  (7)

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
Dear OP, have you watched the video about the basics of using FORScan? You talk about as-built. Did you back up your as-built modules before making any changes? I hope you did. Otherwise you've put yourself on thin ice. It sounds like your using the easy way vs advanced. The basic video suggests using the advanced. It's the language almost all FORScan users speak in. The way way can work, but you'd do yourself a favor by using advanced.
I am only using at the moment right now using the easy way. I have watched many videos and also backed up all modules previously before any modding. Thank you for looking out

steve

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lightninz04

First Name
Stephen Maschefzky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ibew electrician
I just assumed for a truck that’s already two years old, all the options with forscan would have been so much more. Maybe I’m missing something. Very grateful for what everyone on here contributes and does. I’m assuming these trucks are a PITA to work on programming wise. But I have already disabled the honk while truck running, which was already worth it. Thanks again

steve

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I just assumed for a truck that’s already two years old, all the options with forscan would have been so much more. Maybe I’m missing something. Very grateful for what everyone on here contributes and does. I’m assuming these trucks are a PITA to work on programming wise. But I have already disabled the honk while truck running, which was already worth it. Thanks again

steve
Yea there has been tons of work done. There’s no real process for how to figure out what some of these bits do aside from just going and screwing around with them (not recommended without adult supervision). Some of these changes seem so simple, but have taken 10’s of man hours to figure out the correct bits to change. And then trim to trim the bit changes are different sometimes as well. It’s not as simple as it would seem to just make changes

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Depending on your trim level, there's some amazing Forscan options.

Antiglare Headlights for example.
And it looks like the gurus are on the cusp of enabling AutoHitch Assistance. That's insane stuff.

And of course they have done amazing work regarding adding options that the truck wasn't equipped with at build time. That's an enormous endeavor for the guys that were unfortunate with factory deletes and various constraints.

We have a fella that purchased an XL and it is now equipped with Bluecruise, not to mention multicontour seats. Forscan's contribution towards such a possibility speaks volumes to how far its come with the latest generation of the F150.