First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I could not pass up the deal, plus we are always looking to save space in the big house (1000 sq feet) so this little gal was a perfect fit
we have an all in one in the bus, but it uses a weird cold water spray to produce heat to dry clothes and takes a while
this girl is actually so far 7 to 10 minutes faster than washing , then taking clothes out and putting in a dryer, plus it only uses 120 volts vice one circuit of 120 for a washer and 220 for the dryer
heat pump dryers are not NEW, but they are not very old HERE in the U.S.

long term i hope this one lasts as long as my other front load machines
its quiet as a church mouse, only puts out a small amount of heat compared to the big electric dryer
and i gained some new cabinet space

Ford F-150 G E all in one profile washer heat pump dryer profile washer

Ford F-150 G E all in one profile washer heat pump dryer profile washer1
Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
forgot the most important thing
its OTA updates...and ability to download special wash dry cycles
her new name is HAL9001 :love: :eek:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
forgot the most important thing
its OTA updates...and ability to download special wash dry cycles
her new name is HAL9001 :love: :eek:
It's all fun and games until your social credit score limits you to 2 loads a week thanks to a new update :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
It's all fun and games until your social credit score limits you to 2 loads a week thanks to a new update :ROFLMAO:
no crapppie
we just hit 5 loads so far since i put her in saturday
i am impressed at how quiet she is . plus she does a DAMMMM good job
hopefully she does not self report to the department of energy 🤑

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
no crapppie
we just hit 5 loads so far since i put her in saturday
i am impressed at how quiet she is . plus she does a DAMMMM good job
hopefully she does not self report to the department of energy 🤑
It's nice to hear that a combo unit performs well, particularly the heat pump. Does it have the ability to cool the house like a heat pump water heater? That'd be hella nice! By the sound of the whole using water to dry, it almost sounds like it's pulling heat from the water to boost internal temps. It'd be great to have a 'dump the cool air into the house' for summertime usage (though it sounds like it's heating / condensing the water out of the air?). I'd really love to see a better 'smart' home energy usage design where appliances like refers / freezers / dryers can send their heat to a central unit for heat scavenging, particularly shower 'waste' water. It sounds radical but if it were more mainstream it'd be a trivial cost to run a dedicated 1/2" heat scavenging loop.

No, it's not for so called green initiatives, more due to the fact I want most people to tell big energy to take a hike due to a home's self sufficiency, especially if one has the means to get away with a grid independent home and daily driver's energy usage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
It's nice to hear that a combo unit performs well, particularly the heat pump. Does it have the ability to cool the house like a heat pump water heater? That'd be hella nice! By the sound of the whole using water to dry, it almost sounds like it's pulling heat from the water to boost internal temps. It'd be great to have a 'dump the cool air into the house' for summertime usage (though it sounds like it's heating / condensing the water out of the air?). I'd really love to see a better 'smart' home energy usage design where appliances like refers / freezers / dryers can send their heat to a central unit for heat scavenging, particularly shower 'waste' water. It sounds radical but if it were more mainstream it'd be a trivial cost to run a dedicated 1/2" heat scavenging loop.

No, it's not for so called green initiatives, more due to the fact I want most people to tell big energy to take a hike due to a home's self sufficiency, especially if one has the means to get away with a grid independent home and daily driver's energy usage.
dude
you brain is thinking lots of good stuff

the bus washer dryer combo uses water to HEAT :) its strange to get you head around the first few times, but it get very hot.

the profile uses the heat pump to regulate air temps in the dry cycle
it also has a HIGH volume blower to move all that air, its interesting to shine a light in the door and see just how much air volume is being pushed around
then it goes through a really fine 2 stage air/lint filter before recycled across the HUGE air coil/cooler/heater its easily 9 inches tall and 18 to 20 inches long. nt sure the the thickness, but i imagine its close to 3 to 4 inches thick at least
it will use cool air or hot air depending on cycle.
hooking up a recovery link to say warm water or provide cool source for house ac to boost existing ac efficiency is a great think, and i could see a few mods to send that cool air out into room. GE might not like that mod :unsure:

the only issue i see so far is the lint filter set up
its very fine mesh with a secondary foam trap. after doing each load it gets covered with lint, and we have a large hairy dog, so hmm her large hairs seem to be in everything, so i cant commit crimes, dna everywhere 🤗

so each load the filter gets popped out and vacuumed, along with a snorkel on vac to clean inside the cartridge alley on the machine. i have noticed the same spot now after 6 loads of lint adhering to a spot on the air fins on the condenser/evap
i ordered a 24 inch bottle brush and can brush that spot easily then vac up the debris
these units move a TON of air volume, at a good pressure i bet its close to 5 psi, based on really watching, listening and feeling the machine.
thats how it dries, so fast and efficiently
cleaning the lint filter after every load is KEY
GE states as required, or if machine gives you a message.
like i said, we have a large hairy dog and she deposits fur , so our laundry ends up with a good quantity of dog hair in the filter. she gets furmanated everyday, and we vac everyday, but you know dogs,

i did notice on towels or normal load the top gets pretty warm during dry, not hot but pretty warm. i need to hit it with temp gun.
so far it cleans very very well and better than the front load it replaced, plus you get to walk away for entire cycle, it sends a message 2-5 minutes before its done, the last few minutes is a cool down in normal load to cool the clothes so you dont burn by touching a hot zipper or button.

a kilowatt device and temp gun monitoring is next
it supposedly uses about 1/2 less energy ...we shall see
our water heat stays off, and is turned on once per day, as its very efficient at keeping water above 120 , we use it ON for loads that need 140f water. but other than that it stays off. for 16 to 24 hrs each day, depending on water usage
plus the shower uses a small 10 gall fast recovery unit .

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
well
update
after 16 loads
we had a GE tech come out and see why bleach drawer remains full of water after machine is finished. because if you open drawer with enough oomph to open it, the water splashes out on the front of machine. machine flushes the bleach cup at end of water adding part of wash cycle to make sure no bleach is left over, that could accidently drop in full strength during rinse cycle

both ge and on site tech could not get HAL#2 to connect to mother ship as the factory guys didnt have the software yet :eek:
tech on phone with on site tech said drawer cup COULD have some water in it..but could not specify quantity??????????????
so at the FULL mark its 200ml if i add 50 ml the cup auto siphons and drains out like the softener cup does. myself and the onsite tech did a few experiments to prove the hypothesis

so i wrote to GE and asked for an update to make machine add an additional 50 ml or water to the cup during the rinse out phase after bleach is hmm dispensed
even called and tried to talk to a BRAIN engineer...no luck

then boom all of the sudden, now the cup is draining???? i think HAL#2 got a secret update
pic is off the before ..after machine was finished

Ford F-150 G E all in one profile washer heat pump dryer washer tray
Sponsored