Got my VIN and build date

LedZepp81

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 Platinum
First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help and insight, especially @currybob for the weekly updates! This will be my first brand new F150 and first time ordering. Really appreciate all the info provided here to place my order. I’ve been on here a few months but this is my first post.

I placed my order on 10/23 and received my VIN (1FTFW1ED1MFA85377) last week.
My sales guy said I have a production date of 1/23. When I look up my VIN I don’t see the production date, is that something that will show up later or is the dealer only able to see that?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
May be much later—I ordered in August and it still does not show up on the tracker, but my dealer gave me a date of 1-19

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Remember that if you can pull the window sticker, the production date is listed in the "Blend". You may be able to pull the sticker and confirm the date more quickly and independent of your dealer.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for their help and insight, especially @currybob for the weekly updates! This will be my first brand new F150 and first time ordering. Really appreciate all the info provided here to place my order. I’ve been on here a few months but this is my first post.

I placed my order on 10/23 and received my VIN (1FTFW1ED1MFA85377) last week.
My sales guy said I have a production date of 1/23. When I look up my VIN I don’t see the production date, is that something that will show up later or is the dealer only able to see that?
I can only speak for my case so take it for what it’s worth. My dealer had provided me with my VIN and the date of production, in my case 11/24. All I can say is that the info my dealer gave me was spot on. Truck was built on 11/24. The only thing they couldn’t tell me was when it would be delivered. That happened 11 days after it was built.
Sponsored