Sponsored

Ordering a 2024 RCSB - Need help with options.

frankfortrcsb

First Name
Balaji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered) 2024 XL RCSB 4x4, 1993 Toyota Pickup
Occupation
Engineer
I am new to Ford and F150. My previous ride was a 2007 Tundra RCSB 2WD which I sold recently. I need a replacement RCSB with a V8. I have a few question before I place my order. I also have a single cab 1993 Toyota Pickup which I will have to drive till my new Ford shows up hopefully in 3-5 months

1. I plan on modifying my vehicle so I am going for the XL 101A package. Other than Chrome bumper, Fog lights and Alloy wheels what will I be missing. Are the headlight different if I get the 103A package?
  2. Any chance the base model will be prewired for Fogs and pre wired to add Power Seats later.
  3. Will definitely be adding a stage 1 Wipple. Am I better off adding Wipple at an Authorized Wipple installer at a performance shop rather than at the dealer?
  4. I was planning on adding a off road suspension leveling kit, I don't see any available for the 2024 Model year on Ford performance parts website. Looking for a 2 in lift so I can fit a 33 in tire
Sponsored

EL5_Zero

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F150 RCSB Antimatter Blue
Occupation
I.W. Local 433
Very few members will be able to chime in right now. Unfortunately, the F150's have not been shipping as anticipating.

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
The LED headlights are the same on both trim levels. Not sure about the prewiring.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
With the 103-A package you also get the work surface option now. Also privacy glass with defrost. I passed on the 103-A because I didn't want the work surface. I just watched a video of a dealer who makes the 'Sleeper' F-150's and he mentioned briefly they can add them. I'm unsure about the factory switch (or lack of) if added. It's a good chance the harness is there because one of the main reasons Ford simplified builds and ordering is to avoid having so many different wiring harnesses.
Edit: I've read the 2023 has the harness for a power seat

Last edited:
OP
OP

frankfortrcsb

First Name
Balaji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks guys , I will stick with the base package. My son's and me modify every car/ truck I get so a clean canvas with a V8 is all I need. At least Ford decided to continue to produce a V8, thank God someone looks out for us petrol heads.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
With the 103-A package you also get the work surface option now. Also privacy glass with defrost. I passed on the 103-A because I didn't want the work surface. I just watched a video of a dealer who makes the 'Sleeper' F-150's and he mentioned briefly they can add them. I'm unsure about the factory switch (or lack of) if added. It's a good chance the harness is there because one of the main reasons Ford simplified builds and ordering is to avoid having so many different wiring harnesses.
Edit: I've read the 2023 has the harness for a power seat
The simplified option structure also simplified the wiring harness. Keep in mind that no RCSB F150 is available with power seats and the options that you mention. There is no need for Ford to include that wiring in a RCSB wiring harness.

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
The simplified option structure also simplified the wiring harness. Keep in mind that no RCSB F150 is available with power seats and the options that you mention. There is no need for Ford to include that wiring in a RCSB wiring harness.
Power driver seat is a fleet only option available on RCSB.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch Powerboost; 2023 Bronco Sport
33" inch tires are standard OEM size on many F-150s (OEM sizes for many option packages are 275/60/20).

I know that the 101A has 17" wheels, but there shouldn't be any other issues with the dimensions. I would suspect that you should be able to run 33"s without any lift. Your issue shouldn't the be diameter at that size, but possibly the width. I would suspect that a 285/70/17 would work. Now, it would look much better with a level. I have a 2" level on my truck and I have 285/65/20 (which is 34.5" in diameter and it fits no rub). So the width at 285mm works. The height of the 285/70/17 is right at 33", so it should work and look damn beefy.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Last year you could get a XLT regular cab with power drivers seat but I don't think it was ever a option for the passenger seat. As far my who would install the Whipple I would have a certified Ford dealership install it. Mainly because of potential warranty issues. But if your dealership wants to charge 3 arms and legs and you have a great relationship with your local certified Whipple speed shop I absolutely would consider them! Necessary maintenance for the Whipple (plugs oil changes tuning etc) can be expensive and problematic at a dealership who doesn't do many.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 f150 scsb 4x4 5.0 whipple
33" inch tires are standard OEM size on many F-150s (OEM sizes for many option packages are 275/60/20).

I know that the 101A has 17" wheels, but there shouldn't be any other issues with the dimensions. I would suspect that you should be able to run 33"s without any lift. Your issue shouldn't the be diameter at that size, but possibly the width. I would suspect that a 285/70/17 would work. Now, it would look much better with a level. I have a 2" level on my truck and I have 285/65/20 (which is 34.5" in diameter and it fits no rub). So the width at 285mm works. The height of the 285/70/17 is right at 33", so it should work and look damn beefy.
285 70 17 fits fine on stock rims. I threw on a bilstein level kit, but wasn’t necessary. Have about half an inch before contact with UCA…Whipple still working on 2024 F150 kits. Maybe early summer….im waiting.
Ford F-150 Ordering a 2024 RCSB - Need help with options. IMG_0807

Last edited:

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
SJG Like what you did with the factory wheels..
I went back and put the 3 H's in WHIPPLE..good catch lolol!!

Last edited:
Reactions: SJG

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
If my number hits tonight I will absolutely put in a fleet order for over a dozen 2024's Regular Cabs in Iconic Silver for all my kids and grandkids..and the power seat option WILL be checked..

OP
OP

frankfortrcsb

First Name
Balaji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Last year you could get a XLT regular cab with power drivers seat but I don't think it was ever a option for the passenger seat. As far my who would install the Whipple I would have a certified Ford dealership install it. Mainly because of potential warranty issues. But if your dealership wants to charge 3 arms and legs and you have a great relationship with your local certified Whipple speed shop I absolutely would consider them! Necessary maintenance for the Whipple (plugs oil changes tuning etc) can be expensive and problematic at a dealership who doesn't do many.
I was quoted 13-16k for the Whipple + installation at the dealer, so I said I will think about it. Maintenance is not an issue in my case as my son is a Master Diagnostic Tech and ASE Certified Tech at our local Toyota dealership. I am sure there are plenty of Whipple speed shops in the Louisville/Cincinnati area, I have time investigate since my truck will take a few months to get built.
Sponsored