Sponsored

Tesla And Ram Drivers Accident Rate is Highest on US roadways

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Mercury Pontiac Saturn with lowest accident rates. I might see one of those brands in a whole month of driving but probably less than that.

Tesla having more accidents is a sign how many of them are on roads now. The drivers may be relying too much on the tech not actually driving who knows.

Ram is surprising to me. Most that I do see driving are few generations behind.
Not see many new Ram other than the guys at work that don't know Ford is better. 🤣

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Mercury Pontiac Saturn with lowest accident rates. I might see one of those brands in a whole month of driving but probably less than that.

Tesla having more accidents is a sign how many of them are on roads now. The drivers may be relying too much on the tech not actually driving who knows.

Ram is surprising to me. Most that I do see driving are few generations behind.
Not see many new Ram other than the guys at work that don't know Ford is better. 🤣
They are going by per 1,000 drivers. It’s per capita. Has nothing to do with how many are on the road statistically speaking. Very likely old grannies driving a Mercury, they aren’t road raging or speeding.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Yes, very few of them on road in accidents per 1000 drivers is no surprise at all. I did see a rusty Pontiac few weeks ago though. Haven't seen one for few years.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I liked the Pontiac G8, nice conservative styling
Ford F-150 Tesla And Ram Drivers Accident Rate is Highest on US roadways IMG_6151

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Yep those were good. Uncle had one for his long work commute to save a few bucks.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Tesla is probably less about driver assist and more about ridiculous torque at 1 mph.

It's very plausible that a new Tesla owner has never owned a muscle car before. There's a lot of physics in play with no experience at managing. Oops can happen quickly.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Tesla is probably less about driver assist and more about ridiculous torque at 1 mph.

It's very plausible that a new Tesla owner has never owned a muscle car before. There's a lot of physics in play with no experience at managing. Oops can happen quickly.
My brother rented a Tesla and I drove it for a few miles. The first thing I thought was this instant power is great while you are on the road but something you need to be very aware of at a standstill. You are not going to drive this exactly like an old ICE muscle car.

Adding to the problem was the regenerative braking that kind of engages when you take your foot off the gas pedal. Because of this feeling of braking you can tend to punch the gas pedal again and with instant high power that could be problematic for the someone inexperienced at this new "power management" way of driving.
Sponsored