Wi-Fi logs?

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Is there a way to access logging related to connecting to wifi in the truck? It will not connect to my phones hot spot or my wife’s. If I input the wrong password it fails immediately with The password was rejected. When I put the correct password it will spin saying Connecting for around 10 seconds and then say failed to connect. I’ve changed the password I am using and the name of the network but the results are the same.
Sponsored

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
not sure about the log, but what I found helpful is to turn on the test icons that show a bit more info across the top.
to access this you turn the truck accessory on, (start button, but engine off.) then hold the right (FWD) arrow on the steering wheel and the FWD button ( >>! ) next to the radio TUNE knob.
eventually a test menu will come up. a whole lot of stuff I have no doubt could screw things up if pushed, but in there you will see something about testing icons or similar. turn that on, then the EXIT is clear at the bottom.

anyway, now these new icons are red if not on or connected, green if they are. so in my driveway I get a green wifi, driving around its red. not sure what the magnifying glass icon is for, but the others indicate things like the TCU operation.
and really dont get the purpose of the black wifi signal meter on the screen. its the same connected or not. I think its showing strength from my iphone?

Ford F-150 Wi-Fi logs? F-150 diagnostics

OP
OP

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Thanks. It is green and fine when connected to the home WiFi. Doesn’t change from red or do anything when trying to connect to the hotspot.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
let me understand
you want to use your phone as a WIFI hotspot so the truck would maybe do a download correct?
you cant use your phones hotspot to power the truck WIFI so others can use a wifi in the truck, they would need to use the phones hotspot for that. if i understand what you asking

for me in samsung world the blue tooth has to be off for hotspot, then i can get truck to see it as a wifi signal and then put in password

i have found the bluetooth screws up something, not sure if its an android thing or truck thing

you can test the hot spot by turning it on ,..on one phone and then see if the other phone sees that wifi signal.
i could be wrong, but my truck will not connect to hot spot from my samsung if the bluetooth is also on on , on the phone

OP
OP

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I’m trying to get the truck to connect to my hotspot so I can use Alexa commands to stream music for example. For some reason my truck won’t connect to the hotspots like others have working. I was hoping to be able to access internal logs on the truck to see why it is failing.

Sponsored

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
This is really confusing what you are trying to say or do. Your truck has an AT&T hotspot built in. It's $200 a year for unlimited data, do you have a subscription? You would just then find that wifi on your phone and then input the wifi password that you either created or are using the default. It is exactly the same as you would connect to your in home wifi or any other wifi in general

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
well
you should be able to have your truck use your HOTSPOT wifi...to see the internet world
it just can be the hotspot off a hotspot.
i paid the 200 a year...just because i need a splurge, but on my 21 f250
i did exactly what you are trying to do with trucks wifi turned off via att. so it only saw WIFI i provided off the hotspot on the phone

i am sure you toggled the settings to make sure the trucks wifi was not ON
there are so many things going you may have to do one at a time to see where the issue lies.

OP
OP

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Just to update anyone that runs in to this issue. It is resolved with Ford power up update 4.2.2 for me.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just to update anyone that runs in to this issue. It is resolved with Ford power up update 4.2.2 for me.
Call ATT car connectivity and tell them you want your $15/mo unlimited plan back. They don't keep records and will happily give it to you. Don't connect it to other att accounts, you'll pay more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Call ATT car connectivity and tell them you want your $15/mo unlimited plan back. They don't keep records and will happily give it to you. Don't connect it to other att accounts, you'll pay more.
Agree if you want to go that route. I’m just using the unlimited personal hotspot already included in my iPhone cell plan.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree if you want to go that route. I’m just using the unlimited personal hotspot already included in my iPhone cell plan.
I just run a $15 cell plan with rollover data and $15 unlimited in 2 vehicles. I've got 30GB of cell data I don't use because there's always wifi available. So $45 for unlimited data where the vehicles can backup any physical location. Quite a few phone dead zones in these parts and the vehicles provide VOIP via the vehicle's stronger antennas / radios.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
mine renews in 82 days
200 is the asking price for renewal
unlimited etc
we have used a bunch of data IMO .
with OTA coming in whether you have it turned on or not, i may take a second look at it
but today i will stick with it
but will call att and negotiate 🤑

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mine renews in 82 days
200 is the asking price for renewal
unlimited etc
we have used a bunch of data IMO .
with OTA coming in whether you have it turned on or not, i may take a second look at it
but today i will stick with it
but will call att and negotiate 🤑
Let it expire and get 2 months free, then call them to put ya back on your $15/mo unlimited plan :)
Sponsored