Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
thanks Javier for the down to earth debrief on this mystery of mysteries

it cracks me up, how all the sudden it just updates at the darnedest times, 3 am
or a 5 minute run inside the grocery and its done

thanks again for all you do to help us here understand and seek knowledge
My pleasure!

I will use this post to plead my case again for this to be stickied. @Administrator
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
My pleasure!

I will use this post to plead my case again for this to be stickied. @Administrator
it should BE a top line thread.
this is one more reason this website is so great compared to the others.
many people that actually go the lengths to help everyone, without question.

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Got my truck new in September September 2021 and I have never received an OTA update. Ford's technology is beyond the knowledge of most mechanics to figure out why. The only thing they can see is my truck is up to date. I find the hard to believe in 2.5 years of ownership.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Got my truck new in September September 2021 and I have never received an OTA update. Ford's technology is beyond the knowledge of most mechanics to figure out why. The only thing they can see is my truck is up to date. I find the hard to believe in 2.5 years of ownership.
Go to the VIN lookup thread and have someone look into your truck.

Sponsored

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
Rugedraw, excellent write up. When all else fails I rub my belly and sometimes that seems to work. ;)

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Rugedraw, excellent write up. When all else fails I rub my belly and sometimes that seems to work. ;)
I'm afraid rubbing your belly is not enough to appease the OTA gods. If I remember my post correctly from about a year ago, you must pat your head while rubbing your belly in a counter-clockwise motion while hopping on one leg and singing Kumbaya.

Scott_W

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Analyst
Thanks for sending this out. I was wondering how this process works. Here's to hoping the fix for the no start condition (Full Accessory Power On, Stop Safely Now messages) will be an OTA update soon. Clock ticking on 4Q delivery...
My updates on '21 Powerboost Hybrid, excepting one, installed after one if not a few trys. For the one "resistant one", I used the Ford published reset... " holding volume down & forward skip at the same time for a few seconds" then doing a manual - start update. Worked. That;s my story. And its true.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@WalterMitty Ford has hinted at some changes in their OTA roll-out and communication processes. Glad to see they are providing more instructions to people to help these type of updates install with more success.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
@WalterMitty Ford has hinted at some changes in their OTA roll-out and communication processes. Glad to see they are providing more instructions to people to help these type of updates install with more success.

Yeah...imagine going to use your truck in the middle of a long update, and it's completely unusable! That would a less than great customer experience.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah...imagine going to use your truck in the middle of a long update, and it's completely unusable! That would a less than great customer experience.
That OTA only takes 5 minutes to install. That window is a bit exaggerated in this case.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Update happened. Now have 6.5.0

Only hiccup that I’ve seen so far is that messed up my selections for “My Screen” or whatever it’s a called,. Took me about a minute to reset to the ones I like to cycle trough (Calm, Trip 1, Tire Pressure).
Sponsored