Sponsored

Excessively Loud Popping Noise B&O Unleashed.

Toddrabies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F-150 Fx4
I have a 22' Lariat with BO Unleashed, I've had the loud popping noise happen 3 times, have had the truck since mid June. I have an android device but I just use the Bluetooth audio option instead of Android Auto (I like Android auto but it eats a tonne of battery life)
Does anyone else lose the sound from their turn signal when it happens?
I don't remember what I did afterwards the first couple times, but yesterday I just pressed the physical "source" button and the radio started playing immediately, Bluetooth worked fine after as well.
Sponsored

Controlrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
HVAC tech
I have the same rig and system. My loud bang happens on start up. 4 or 5 times now. Taking my truck in the end of next month to get checked out. Hopefully they learn something before then, or they probably have no chance in figuring it out.

787jet

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Raptor
I just joined this forum do to loud pop over speakers followed by static. I had just turned on the radio at highway speed, thought a window was shot out, full volume! Volume control did nothing, SYNC4 screen normal. After shock wore off, remember reading post on Ford Raptor forum to change audio source and it stopped. From what I read, some was followed by a bad battery, firmware update SYNC4 or AMP fuse not seated.
2022 Raptor just over 2k miles
Filed with NHTSA and @FORDMOTORCOMPANY

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB BAP
Tonight it finally happened to me! What sucks is my 1 year old and 2 year old were strapped in their car seats when it happened, my daughters are absolutely terrified of my truck now! Both screamed in shock crying immediately! Im not going to lie after that I’m kinda terrified to drive the damn thing with my precious cargo in the back seat! Thankfully my father was in the driveway still and helped me get them out quickly as possible, he thought something exploded in the damn truck!

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Tonight it finally happened to me! What sucks is my 1 year old and 2 year old were strapped in their car seats when it happened, my daughters are absolutely terrified of my truck now! Both screamed in shock crying immediately! Im not going to lie after that I’m kinda terrified to drive the damn thing with my precious cargo in the back seat! Thankfully my father was in the driveway still and helped me get them out quickly as possible, he thought something exploded in the damn truck!
I haven't experienced this yet, but I'm going to be really mad if it happens with my almost one year old in the car. Annoying that Ford hasn't seemed to acknowledge the issue at all. I understand it's super intermittent, but something needs to be done about it.

If it occurs more than once with the baby on board, I'll probably get rid of it. Extreme but this is a hazard waiting to happen.

Sponsored

JacobGW05

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum PB BAP
I hope it doesn’t happen, my kids are terrified of it now. I’ll bring it into the dealer and they won’t be able to replicate it, they will check for updates and send me on my way!

I haven't experienced this yet, but I'm going to be really mad if it happens with my almost one year old in the car. Annoying that Ford hasn't seemed to acknowledge the issue at all. I understand it's super intermittent, but something needs to be done about it.

If it occurs more than once with the baby on board, I'll probably get rid of it. Extreme but this is a hazard waiting to happen.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
@lb18 suggested in the other similar thread that it may be a problem with the data cable that connects the head unit to the amplifier under the seat. I could see where a short in that cable (ex. due to poor routing) could cause a loud popping sound as it's providing signal to the power amp.

Last edited:

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same rig and system. My loud bang happens on start up. 4 or 5 times now. Taking my truck in the end of next month to get checked out. Hopefully they learn something before then, or they probably have no chance in figuring it out.
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Ford Motor Company When there is a similar problem impacting a substantial number of forum members, would it be possible to provide updates on what is being done to solve it as well as the solution once the problem is identified?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
@Ford Motor Company When there is a similar problem impacting a substantial number of forum members, would it be possible to provide updates on what is being done to solve it as well as the solution once the problem is found?
That's not how the algorithm works sir. It seems to only detect key words like "My 22 F150 is doing this odd thing" and then generates the "That's not an experience you should be having" response.

Controlrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
HVAC tech
Here is my vin number. Hopefully someone can come up with something before I take it in for Ford to look at next month.

ShoNuf_pmc

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Military
Greetings all. I had the exact same occurrence this morning when I started my 2022 F150 Platinum. I thought it was going to blow my speakers or they had already blown. I cut the truck off and opened the door and the noise went away. It has not returned thus far. This is obviously a glitch that is embedded into the computer or software since we are all having the same issues.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Greetings all. I had the exact same occurrence this morning when I started my 2022 F150 Platinum. I thought it was going to blow my speakers or they had already blown. I cut the truck off and opened the door and the noise went away. It has not returned thus far. This is obviously a glitch that is embedded into the computer or software since we are all having the same issues.
Hi there, Jay! I can look into your F-150’s noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your F-150’s VIN?
Sponsored