Sponsored

Hit by snow plow truck... Total Loss, What Do You think?

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
Yesterday afternoon we got caught in snow white-out conditions behind a State Plow truck pushing back the snow banks. Plow truck Came to an open field and the wind was howling, could not see ahead or behind. We were not going fast (about 25 MPH) but here is a few pictures of the 2021 Lariat Powerboost from the accident scene. The truck was delivered in August 2021. The wife and I are sore along with with some neck and back pain from the seatbelts and air bag deployment but okay. The dog is okay too, she was strapped in with her harness in the back Seat. All airbags deployed. Body shop transport said it's totaled, what do you think?

tempImage3N2SlT.png
tempImage48uRFC.png
tempImage9A6IZG.png
Sad to say but I think it's toast.
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yes unfortunately that is totaled. The Headlights alone are $2,200 and you've got cooling components, multiple radiators, front portion of the 4 wheel drive ABS Pumps and distribution module, and we haven't even talked body panels cab, doors, best, tailgate etc; or thousands in interior work.
The parts right now that they salvage frome your truck are very valuable as well.So good you guys are okay. If it was the plows fault, hey a loaner vehicle charged to them. Look at places like Car Gurus or any for sale listing within 200 miles of you and see how much a like Truck is selling for. In a lot of cases a used 2021 low mileage is selling for more than a new one because with a new one your ordering for MSRP or paying the dealer for one of the very few New Ones that have "Market Adjustments of $6k-$14k or more due to limited supply. In January alone 63% of F150 sales went to people who had ordered them leaving far fewer for dealers to sell to walk ins.

This is our 18 Platinum FX4 and $12k in repairs for front impact no airbags deployed.

Ford F-150 Hit by snow plow truck... Total Loss, What Do You think? Screenshot_20220219-123031

Billy231

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerstroke
Occupation
Retired
I would have bought the fender emblems!

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Yesterday afternoon we got caught in snow white-out conditions behind a State Plow truck pushing back the snow banks. Plow truck Came to an open field and the wind was howling, could not see ahead or behind. We were not going fast (about 25 MPH) but here is a few pictures of the 2021 Lariat Powerboost from the accident scene. The truck was delivered in August 2021. The wife and I are sore along with with some neck and back pain from the seatbelts and air bag deployment but okay. The dog is okay too, she was strapped in with her harness in the back Seat. All airbags deployed. Body shop transport said it's totaled, what do you think?

tempImage3N2SlT.png
tempImage48uRFC.png
tempImage9A6IZG.png
glad no one was hurt, this is my 2018, was totaled in October, received 49k in settlement. Still waiting on my 2022.

Ford F-150 Hit by snow plow truck... Total Loss, What Do You think? 27C72D35-2087-4EE7-8D07-10F7C9024A88

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Wait, thread title says the plow hit you but you said you were behind it...was he backing up?

This could happen to anyone, but I've spent my whole life in the dark purple center of the snow belt and the most important thing when following a plow is to leave extra distance and DO NOT HIT YOUR BRAKES when you enter a snow plume/whiteout. If you can't see the truck in front of you, the guy behind you can't see your brake lights = crunch.

Tough to steel the nerves to the point where you just maintain present speed and heading but that's what you've gotta do.

Glad you three (dogs are family) were alright. Hope you find a replacement ASAP

Sponsored

OP
OP
MDH

MDH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
You are absolutely correct, I could have been better with the title. I was following the plow truck and with white out conditions, the vehicle behind me hit me and push over the center line and cause a head on condition. While I did get a replacement F-150, it was not the hybrid PB, I was lucky enough to find a Lariat SC 502A with 5.0 and Blue Cruise.

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
There's a thread somewhere here of people complaining about changes from the '21 to the '22 model year, things like no cupholder lights, glovebox light, temp reading on knobs, etc. Maybe think about stripping out all these parts that aren't part fo the '22 MY so you can swap them into your next truck.

... or sell them
You can't do that, you can only remove personal item and any aftermarket items.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
You are absolutely correct, I could have been better with the title. I was following the plow truck and with white out conditions, the vehicle behind me hit me and push over the center line and cause a head on condition. While I did get a replacement F-150, it was not the hybrid PB, I was lucky enough to find a Lariat SC 502A with 5.0 and Blue Cruise.
So I open this thread, read your description (and immediately think Northern Maine when you say white out squall conditions), and when I see your pictures, I immediately knew exactly where this happened. And that was before I even zoomed in on your marker plate to confirm the state.

That’s in Mars Hill, Maine, on route 1. I can see the ski area and wind mills on the ridge of the mountain. I know this because I travel that route up and back on my way up to St Agatha where I stay to go sledding 3-4 times a winter.

That whole area of Rt 1 from Houlton on up is insane when the wind blows the snow across the roads, and then when it squalls too…forget it! So dangerous.

So glad to hear you all were ok. I’ll be heading back up day after Xmas to start another sledding season…but for now it’s summer time lol.

Reactions: MDH

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Kinda impressed the little ranger packed that much ass-kick lol

Glad you were able to find a decent replacement. I know it's not exactly the same, but still a good truck. Now Murphy can leave you alone for a good while
Sponsored