2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Don't use vampire clamps on anything, ever. They should be illegal to sell.

Use a posi-tap.

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
Yep
I used their online instructions to fab up my own white fender flare lights from stuff I had lying around in my garage.

Sponsored

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Didn't think of those.
I believe I have some somewhere.
What gauge wires are they

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Wow I must've missed this comment yesterday. Not sure why the wording but if you misunderstood my question since I didn't hear anything about what connectors you were using on your video wasn't trying ro be a smart*ss just a question . Your title said less than 10 bucks so I didn't know you were buying a $40 connector

OP
OP
EcoBeastCA

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
Wow I must've missed this comment yesterday. Not sure why the wording but if you misunderstood my question since I didn't hear anything about what connectors you were using on your video wasn't trying ro be a smart*ss just a question . Your title said less than 10 bucks so I didn't know you were buying a $40 connector
Then yeah I must have misunderstood because I was putting down T-taps in my original post, so I thought it was a snide remark about being cheap/hack. If you didn't mean it that way I apologize!

I don't have the Starkey harness yet but that's the plan. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to Canada without paying $50+ in shipping...

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
There is less than $20 in parts with that adapter. Usually connectors like that are around $10 for a single unit then pins another $2-4 depending on how many. The difficulty is always finding the exact match to connector.

Just saying that because parts might be cheaper to get over border.

OP
OP
EcoBeastCA

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
There is less than $20 in parts with that adapter. Usually connectors like that are around $10 for a single unit then pins another $2-4 depending on how many. The difficulty is always finding the exact match to connector.

Just saying that because parts might be cheaper to get over border.
I had considered that but as you say, you'd have to get all the right connectors not to mention the specialized tools to assemble them, as well as know the correct pinouts/diagrams etc.

The harness itself is reasonably priced, the problem is most e-commerce platforms in the US don't handle Canadian shipping very well. It usually takes some asking to come up with a more economical solution because a lot of sellers don't want to do more than their site allows for.

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Yeach
Then yeah I must have misunderstood because I was putting down T-taps in my original post, so I thought it was a snide remark about being cheap/hack. If you didn't mean it that way I apologize!

I don't have the Starkey harness yet but that's the plan. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to Canada without paying $50+ in shipping...
That was my bad I misread the original post. I did notice you say lousy but I thought you were meaning lousy for the amount they wanted for kit and thats what you got.
I do apologize myself and I'm happy you put this because I been wanting to do this to mine but your 100% right it's to much for what it is. I'm definitely ordering the lights you put link to and now I know about the Starkey I'll be using that to connect them.
Sorry for the confusion hope you have a happy and safe new year

OP
OP
EcoBeastCA

EcoBeastCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 402A
Yeach

That was my bad I misread the original post. I did notice you say lousy but I thought you were meaning lousy for the amount they wanted for kit and thats what you got.
I do apologize myself and I'm happy you put this because I been wanting to do this to mine but your 100% right it's to much for what it is. I'm definitely ordering the lights you put link to and now I know about the Starkey I'll be using that to connect them.
Sorry for the confusion hope you have a happy and safe new year
Thanks bud, same to you! Please show us how it turns out!

Here's a shot of mine on the truck. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I wanted just a subtle accent. Stands out more when the puddle light's off.

Ford F-150 Illuminated fender badges for less than ten bucks 1000006591

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
Thanks bud, same to you! Please show us how it turns out!

Here's a shot of mine on the truck. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I wanted just a subtle accent. Stands out more when the puddle light's off.

1000006591.jpg
I love the look of those. Just didn't wanna spend my life savings to get it. Now I know it's doable without breaking the bank its back on my list. Lol.
I'm a lowly stx owner so no puddle lights for me but I sure wish I had them.
Sponsored