Motorcraft AGM battery any good?

BWB915

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I’ve been having a lot of issues with the battery save/deep sleep mode in my 2022 F150 Platinum.

I finally got my dealer to replace the battery and they gave me this. Is it any good?

Ford F-150 Motorcraft AGM battery any good? IMG_7218
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I have the same size battery (H7) in my truck, but it is 800 CCA rather than the 760 CCA for your battery.

Only Ford knows why t5hey used 2 different powered batteries that are the same size.
Ford F-150 Motorcraft AGM battery any good? PXL_20231115_214258373

t5brick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Quality Manager
I have the same size battery (H7) in my truck, but it is 800 CCA rather than the 760 CCA for your battery.

Only Ford knows why t5hey used 2 different powered batteries that are the same size.
PXL_20231115_214258373.jpg
The battery in the first post is H6 size.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
The battery in the first post is H6 size.
My bad. I just noticed that was a replacement, and that it was a smaller battery.

t5brick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Quality Manager
My bad. I just noticed that was a replacement, and that it was a smaller battery.
It’s all good.

I don’t expect to need a new battery in my ‘23, but who knows what’ll happen.

I did drop an H8 into my ‘18 F150 when the OEM battery was about 6 years old, and it fixed all of the battery related issues I had with that pickup.

Sponsored

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I just checked and below is the battery the dealer put in mine when I had issues. Might want to ask why they gave you that one, I have a 2023 Platinum with the PowerBoost. I also started keeping my key fob in a faraday bag because I think it was trying to communicate with the truck when I kept it by the door. I’ve left it for over a week with the new battery and it was charged when I got home.

Ford F-150 Motorcraft AGM battery any good? IMG_4149

Last edited:

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
retired

t5brick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Quality Manager
Is H6 bad? Am I going to have the same deep sleep/battery save issues?
It’s the stock size, so it’s what you’ll get from the dealer. When it’s time to replace the one in my ‘23, I’ll be putting an H8 in.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My 21 XLT is now on the third battery.
Original replaced at about 18mo after two visits that required more than overnight stays.
The replacement battery was just replaced again two weeks after the third year of ownership, by me.
I replaced it with an H8 and interestingly enough, everything started working as it should. Updates happened. Display and windows no longer doing stupid shit.

But, this battery has only been in the truck a month and it is way too early to wave a victory flag.
I’ll see what happens in about 6-8 months.

Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
There is enough time from what I believe was a bad batch of Ford Batteries to say it's probably good to go. Just have to observe it for awhile and see if the funky stuff starts up.

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
I just checked and below is the battery the dealer put in mine when I had issues. Might want to ask why they gave you that one, I have a 2023 Platinum with the PowerBoost. I also started keeping my key fob in a faraday bag because I think it was trying to communicate with the truck when I kept it by the door. I’ve left it for over a week with the new battery and it was charged when I got home.

IMG_4149.jpeg
I have my 21 PB Platinum in storage until I retire in Dec. I drive it a week here and there, but mostly it is in storage with a trickle charge and a cover. I leave the key in the center console. Is there any issue with that? I don’t have any battery issues, but then again, I have only had the truck for 4 mos and very light usage. I don’t like taking key out of it because if I run to storage and need to move it, I would likely have forgot the key at the house. Advice on issues???

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
'22 Platinum here. They replaced mine with a Motorcraft H6 also. It fixed the deep sleep / battery save problems. Who knows if it will crop up again. I'm sure any battery replacement will fix the problems at least temporarily.

I've heard a couple say that their H6 replacement had problems again later but not sure if that's a general outcome. I'm not sure if we know whether the problem is a bad batch of original batteries, or if the H6 is just too small, or if the problem is the BMS and the H7 or H8 replacements will also have the same problem but later down the road.

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I have my 21 PB Platinum in storage until I retire in Dec. I drive it a week here and there, but mostly it is in storage with a trickle charge and a cover. I leave the key in the center console. Is there any issue with that? I don’t have any battery issues, but then again, I have only had the truck for 4 mos and very light usage. I don’t like taking key out of it because if I run to storage and need to move it, I would likely have forgot the key at the house. Advice on issues???
I don’t know if it was causing my problems but with the old battery I kept getting notifications that it was in sleep mode. Around the same time I got a new battery, I did some research and saw issues with the key fobs from other people, so I don’t know if that was causing it. I started putting my key in this pouch just in case and haven’t had an issue since: https://a.co/d/f76hddN

It can be an issue from what I’ve read online so I did it just in case it was causing the issues I had.

L33der

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 LARIAT FX4 (Ordered)
Occupation
IT, Dog Musher
I am on my 3rd battery in my 2019 F150. It was recently totaled and after sitting for a couple weeks the battery went dead and will not accept a charge. So make that 4 batteries in roughly 4 years. I am on the 2nd battery in my Transit. Seems Motorcraft AGM's are junk, at least the ones that were installed in my vehicles are.
Sponsored