Not notified about Rear Axle Shaft & Hub Assembly Recall CSB 22B34

HighDesert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Hybrid
Did anyone come up with the proper torque instructions for the bolt? I just got a couple of bolts in the mail today. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Oh crap. They told me Monday. 😖😠😖

It's good Ford covered a rental I guess. But it's just a base F150 XLT and it suuuuucks compared to my rig.
Did they get a replacement axle for you yet?

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
So it looks like the early Job 1 2021 Max Tows (Build date 1/5/21 for me) are free of this problem?

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Just like you; they only got one so far.
Mine is sitting at the dealership for 66 days now waiting for the second axle and for them to figure out what's wrong with my headlights not leveling right when it's cold out.

Sponsored

HighDesert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Hybrid
I took my truck in to get the Axle spline looked at after I drilled out the bolt and replaced it with a new one. They took the truck and filled out the paperwork. The dealer said they looked at it and put it back together. They ordered a new axle assembly which comes with the hub, bolt, axle and bearing. Pretty sure they did not even look at it. No finger prints all over the wheel. Suspicious. LOL Got my truck back and now just waiting for the parts to come in, which they said were in stock somewhere. All covered by warranty and not the CSP as mine is too new.

OP
OP
DANNER

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
Ok. 2nd Axle shaft arrived Monday and just picked up my truck. Only 2.5 weeks (including a Thanksgiving break) to take care of this so I’m counting myself lucky.

Everything covered under warranty including the center cap which popped off as the result of the bolt rattling around loose in the hub.

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
Hey @HighDesert and @DANNER really appreciate your guys circling back and keeping us updated. As a guy with max tow non PB (unfortunately as I like the truck and use it for trailering a lot!) outside the CSP I am worried about about when will mine go.

Tks!

HighDesert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Hybrid
Hey @HighDesert and @DANNER really appreciate your guys circling back and keeping us updated. As a guy with max tow non PB (unfortunately as I like the truck and use it for trailering a lot!) outside the CSP I am worried about about when will mine go.

Tks!
My dealer got the parts in and replaced the axles all under warranty. It only took them a few hours to do the work. I did not get to see the axles, to see if the spline was indeed worn. I have a two new bolts on my tool box as insurance just in case the bolts break again.
Sponsored