First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER.
Occupation
Software Engineer
Okay, follow up question -- could changing values with FORScan unintentionally preclude me from OTAs?
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Also -- I noticed the Mongoose cable is recommended, will one of these also work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/235453125576 ?
Do not purchase this, it is a Chinese knock off of a Ford VCM. Its basically a cheap odb cable wrapped in a red plastic box to look as if its a Ford Rotunda/Bosch automotive VCM. It will not work with FDRS. Notice there isn't a identification label or serial number on it.

Last edited:

byte

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Oh -- and if someone is in EAP, and also enjoys this DIY route, could they accidentally roll back an update provided through an EAP related OTA by trusting the table on FDRS?

byte

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do not purchase this, it is a Chinese knok off of a Ford VCM. Its basically a cheap odb cable wrapped in a red plastic box to look as if its a Ford Rotunda/Bosch automotive VCM. It will not work with FDRS. Notice there are no identification label or serial number on it.

Understood! Thank you for sharing that valuable video.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Okay, follow up question -- could changing values with FORScan unintentionally preclude me from OTAs?
I guess it is possible, but highly improbable.

Oh -- and if someone is in EAP, and also enjoys this DIY route, could they accidentally roll back an update provided through an EAP related OTA by trusting the table on FDRS?
No, sir. If you got an update through EAP that is not yet in FDRS, as soon as you do the network scan, the mothership knows where you are and will not show an older update that you can install. As a matter of fact, you cannot roll back software with FDRS even if you wanted to. FDRS is full of guided routines that you cannot deviate from. It's designed to be dummy-proof. To roll back software, you would need FORScan, the files, and the knowledge of how to do it. That requires know-how that goes beyond the scope of anything I can do.

Sponsored

L_Win86

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 5.0
I’ve received the little bell icon notification saying a software update is going to be installed at the scheduled time a few times this week but no confirmation that anything has been installed. Can you let me know if I have anything pending?

1FTFW1E59MFA68836

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’ve received the little bell icon notification saying a software update is going to be installed at the scheduled time a few times this week but no confirmation that anything has been installed. Can you let me know if I have anything pending?

1FTFW1E59MFA68836
You have.....

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1a80200a-8eb6-4e45-9bb8-ae5e8707ba02_text

Can you guys tell I'm in vacation mode already?

That's a phantom update notice that has been happening to many since the release of the 6.x.x string of updates. First time I've seen it happen to anyone as far behind as you are, but nothing has been sent to you since 2/28.

youne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Hi all! I recently swapped out my 21 3.5 Lariat for a 21 PB platinum!

It looks to me like software updates are somewhat current but I don't see blue cruise as having being loaded. Can you tell me what you see? (Do I need dealer help?)

1FTFW1EDXMFB57757

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Can I get someone to run my vin and see if anything is available? 1FTFW1ED2MFB62273

I did all the updates last weekend, but was surprised to not see anything else come up. I am curious if I am really up to date or am I still waiting for more to come available.

JimBinMI

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Platinum FX4
Occupation
Retired Teacher, Currently Realtor
Just bought on 3/18/2024. Just turned on auto updates and set a schedule.
This is a manufacturer buyback for failed High Voltage Battery Junction Box.
Repairs Completed: Replaced HVBJB per doc 13154301, Retested, No Problems.
Version shows 22177, Revision 473
Last Update: Ford Power-Up 3.5.2
VIN: 1FTFW1ED4MFB94657
Thanks!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi all! I recently swapped out my 21 3.5 Lariat for a 21 PB platinum!

It looks to me like software updates are somewhat current but I don't see blue cruise as having being loaded. Can you tell me what you see? (Do I need dealer help?)

1FTFW1EDXMFB57757
You have campaign 21G01 open under your VIN for bluecruise programming. At this point, it will not get activated by the OTA process, so you will need your dealer to do it. I am not sure if this will be covered if you are out of warranty. You would have to call and ask.

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1711029804190-q6

Just bought on 3/18/2024. Just turned on auto updates and set a schedule.
This is a manufacturer buyback for failed High Voltage Battery Junction Box.
Repairs Completed: Replaced HVBJB per doc 13154301, Retested, No Problems.
Version shows 22177, Revision 473
Last Update: Ford Power-Up 3.5.2
VIN: 1FTFW1ED4MFB94657
Thanks!
Your truck was sent 3.5.3 in January but it failed as no one turned on the truck to allow the OTA to go the next step. It will be resent at some point, but no way to know when. Like above, you have 21G01 open for the dealer to install bluecruise on your truck. I would make an appt and have them do that and perhaps that can install some of the updates you're missing, too, if you find one willing to help.

JimBinMI

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You have campaign 21G01 open under your VIN for bluecruise programming. At this point, it will not get activated by the OTA process, so you will need your dealer to do it. I am not sure if this will be covered if you are out of warranty. You would have to call and ask.

1711029804190-q6.png

Your truck was sent 3.5.3 in January but it failed as no one turned on the truck to allow the OTA to go the next step. It will be resent at some point, but no way to know when. Like above, you have 21G01 open for the dealer to install bluecruise on your truck. I would make an appt and have them do that and perhaps that can install some of the updates you're missing, too, if you find one willing to help.
Thank you!

L_Win86

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 5.0
You have.....

1a80200a-8eb6-4e45-9bb8-ae5e8707ba02_text.gif

Can you guys tell I'm in vacation mode already?

That's a phantom update notice that has been happening to many since the release of the 6.x.x string of updates. First time I've seen it happen to anyone as far behind as you are, but nothing has been sent to you since 2/28.
😆 enjoy your vacation. Thank you.

topheranderson07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Last OTA you got was 3.5.2 about 9 months ago. You are one update from full screen carplay/android auto. Your truck is past the bad software that 2021's were known to get stuck on not being able to get updates. The older updates you need are rarely pushed out by Ford. The Mongoose is for sure the way to go and what I recommend as the OTA process will take a looooong time to get you up to date at this point.
Thank you so much! I know a guy who might (should) have the cable for his business as they do all of their own maintenance on a small fleet. If he doesn't have it, I'll get one myself.

JimBinMI

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

1711029804190-q6.png

Just called my local Ford Service Department. They ran my VIN and said it had a recall for software update. He did give me a heads up that the module involved doesn’t like to be changed and sometimes burns out. If that happens they have to replace that, I clarified at their cost because it’s a recall. It goes in April 9th. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Sponsored