First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I’m waiting on a seal that is on backorder so they haven’t done the repair yet. It’s expected to come in later this week so might get it done by end of week.
Have you noticed that the CEL comes on during heavy acceleration or above 4000 rpm? That’s apparently the tell if you need a new hybrid drive or maybe just a calibration issue that can be corrected with software update in the module.
No. But I haven't gone over 4k rpms lately. I only have the check engine light on. Dealer did the service bulletin a few weeks ago now its back again. What is the CEL? I'll go test drive it see what happens.
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I’m waiting on a seal that is on backorder so they haven’t done the repair yet. It’s expected to come in later this week so might get it done by end of week.
Have you noticed that the CEL comes on during heavy acceleration or above 4000 rpm? That’s apparently the tell if you need a new hybrid drive or maybe just a calibration issue that can be corrected with software update in the module.
I'm going to test it this afternoon. Haven't been going over 4000 rpms. Software was updated a few weeks ago but light came back and stayed on.

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
No. But I haven't gone over 4k rpms lately. I only have the check engine light on. Dealer did the service bulletin a few weeks ago now its back again. What is the CEL? I'll go test drive it see what happens.
CEL - Check Engine Light
Or
MIL - Malfunction Indicator Lamp

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm going to test it this afternoon. Haven't been going over 4000 rpms. Software was updated a few weeks ago but light came back and stayed on.
Ok. Mine shuts off after 15-20 miles and a restart and only goes back on if I go over 4K rpm

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Ok. Mine shuts off after 15-20 miles and a restart and only goes back on if I go over 4K rpm
Ok thankyou. I'm getting multiple codes on OBD port C0056 and CO564. Web said fuel pressure issue and G sensor. Will see what dealer finds.

Sponsored

whitetail34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Physician
My power train failure light came on after I left auto hold on first time I tried to go through car wash. It drug the front left tire twice before I realized what was happening. Electric drive wouldn’t work on way home and wrench light came on. Hour later I started it and no light and electric drive works. Hasn’t happened again. Still going to take it in. It happened with less than 400 miles on truck.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
This thread is likely for people who have experienced TSB 21-2072. I had my own encounter with it in June, took about 40 days to get my truck back from the dealer. Needed a new Hybrid Drive Module. Since the part was being constantly pushed back for a shipping date, they eventually swapped the entire transmission. Truck's been running fine since, about 5000 miles since I've had the fix in place.

The code you're likely pulling is:
Code: P0A1A:06 - Generator Control Module

The tell for the issue is pushing the engine past 4000 RPM. According to the manual, the problem is that the measured torque to the wheels is about 25 ft/lb or more than what the computer is asking of it at 4000 RPM or more.

You should be able to consistently get the CEL once you know the magic rev number. And it will go away after an hour or two of driving under the 4000 RPM limit.

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This thread is likely for people who have experienced TSB 21-2072. I had my own encounter with it in June, took about 40 days to get my truck back from the dealer. Needed a new Hybrid Drive Module. Since the part was being constantly pushed back for a shipping date, they eventually swapped the entire transmission. Truck's been running fine since, about 5000 miles since I've had the fix in place.

The code you're likely pulling is:
Code: P0A1A:06 - Generator Control Module

The tell for the issue is pushing the engine past 4000 RPM. According to the manual, the problem is that the measured torque to the wheels is about 25 ft/lb or more than what the computer is asking of it at 4000 RPM or more.

You should be able to consistently get the CEL once you know the magic rev number. And it will go away after an hour or two of driving under the 4000 RPM limit.
This is exactly what’s happened to my truck. I’ve been lucky that the truck was still running but not so lucky that the parts took forever to come in.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My power train failure light came on after I left auto hold on first time I tried to go through car wash. It drug the front left tire twice before I realized what was happening. Electric drive wouldn’t work on way home and wrench light came on. Hour later I started it and no light and electric drive works. Hasn’t happened again. Still going to take it in. It happened with less than 400 miles on truck.
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN so I can look into this powertrain issue on my end? I would like to see what I can do to assist!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yet another update on this. After waiting for a very long time to get all the parts in to fix this issue, The part that came in was the wrong part. Apparently Ford sent them the electric drive for an Explorer rather than an F150 and the only reason that’s relevant is because they only discovered this after they took it all apart and started the work and it took another month to get the correct part.
I’ve been out of a truck for over a month now and finally Got the call today that everything was fixed. I was so excited to finally get my truck back but on the way back after about 20 miles the transmission started to act all sorts of messed up slipping and not switching gears. Was lucky that I was able to get it back to the dealer without going into limp mode, etc. and no CEL MIL or other lights came on. ITS DRIVING HORRIBLY. I’m praying they can get this sorted out quickly, fix it, reprogram it, get a whole new transmission, whatever they need to do and do it fast. My nerves are shot, making payments on a brand new truck that’s broke and out of commission for over a month now.
The saga continues…

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yet another update on this. After waiting for a very long time to get all the parts in to fix this issue, The part that came in was the wrong part. Apparently Ford sent them the electric drive for an Explorer rather than an F150 and the only reason that’s relevant is because they only discovered this after they took it all apart and started the work and it took another month to get the correct part.
I’ve been out of a truck for over a month now and finally Got the call today that everything was fixed. I was so excited to finally get my truck back but on the way back after about 20 miles the transmission started to act all sorts of messed up slipping and not switching gears. Was lucky that I was able to get it back to the dealer without going into limp mode, etc. and no CEL MIL or other lights came on. ITS DRIVING HORRIBLY. I’m praying they can get this sorted out quickly, fix it, reprogram it, get a whole new transmission, whatever they need to do and do it fast. My nerves are shot, making payments on a brand new truck that’s broke and out of commission for over a month now.
The saga continues…
Any techs out there that would know if this is possibly a symptom of overfilling or under-filling the fluid after the repair - hoping it’s something that simple?!?!

OP
OP
CnB150Lariat

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Final update…. I hope ?
My powerboost is finally fixed and running better than when new. Transitions from electric to gas are smoother, getting better gas mileage (only 270 miles in) and power and acceleration are back.
The long saga here and delay in completing the repair was primarily driven by Ford’s mess ups in getting the correct parts to the dealer. Apparently when the first hybrid drive was shipped - the crate was labeled with the correct part number for the F150, but the part inside was different and didn’t match (the part in the crate was for an explorer). Then getting the right part took forever for reasons I will never know and prinarily because of that it took over a month to get the repair completed. I did have to get Ford customer service involved to escalate a case and get the parts delivered finally and not sure why it had to get to that point as the dealer was constantly contacting Ford (blame COVID?!?). There is a whole other story about the tech needing to reprogram / update basically every module in the truck as well which took a few days (I was getting all the Ford Pass notifications status alerts). The last setback was the overfill of the transmission fluid which caused the trans to slip in the higher gears but that was a quick fix and finally back in business. Finally got my truck back!

Ford F-150 Powerboost Malfuntion Indicator Lamp came on during acceleration 0E266082-0B5F-4E56-90D0-2575AD951FCB

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Final update…. I hope ?
My powerboost is finally fixed and running better than when new. Transitions from electric to gas are smoother, getting better gas mileage (only 270 miles in) and power and acceleration are back.
The long saga here and delay in completing the repair was primarily driven by Ford’s mess ups in getting the correct parts to the dealer. Apparently when the first hybrid drive was shipped - the crate was labeled with the correct part number for the F150, but the part inside was different and didn’t match (the part in the crate was for an explorer). Then getting the right part took forever for reasons I will never know and prinarily because of that it took over a month to get the repair completed. I did have to get Ford customer service involved to escalate a case and get the parts delivered finally and not sure why it had to get to that point as the dealer was constantly contacting Ford (blame COVID?!?). There is a whole other story about the tech needing to reprogram / update basically every module in the truck as well which took a few days (I was getting all the Ford Pass notifications status alerts). The last setback was the overfill of the transmission fluid which caused the trans to slip in the higher gears but that was a quick fix and finally back in business. Finally got my truck back!

0E266082-0B5F-4E56-90D0-2575AD951FCB.jpeg
So overfilling the trans will cause it to slip?